In its theology and administration, the National Evangelical Synod of Syria and Lebanon is the synod of reformed churches adhering to the Christian faith that is rooted in the tradition of the sixteenth century Reformation.
The churches of the National Evangelical Synod of Syria and Lebanon believe:
- In the one Triune God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, in accordance with the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed.
- In Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, the One and only Head of the Church.
- In Jesus Christ, the One and only Saviour and Hope of the world.
- In Jesus Christ, the One and only Mediator between God and humankind; and the One and only Intercessor of the Church.
- That the Bible is the sole foundation of faith and belief.
- That justification is by Grace, and through faith in Jesus Christ.
- That the good works are fruits of the faith.
- That the church of Jesus Christ is One, Holy, Apostolic, Catholic.
- That the Church is the Body of Christ, and the bearer of the message of salvation to the world.
- And that the church has only two sacraments – the Sacrament of Baptism, and the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper.